Saturday, July 24, 2010

Walk the Plank

I really want to start working on a workpress blog design. I want to start a more consistent, professional blog (and keep this one - it's my exutoir). I don't have the subject yet. There are so many things that I like to write about. But i think that I will enjoy spending the hours aligning pixels and choosing layouts and colors, re-learning to code. It will be a pleasure to make something that I usually only plan and oversee.

Meanwhile in the DRB... My strings are pulled in two direction. On one side, it feels like I am standing on the plank that's tied to the eject button. My sister told me today what the dynamic sounded like and I have to pause to think about it. Why yes, she may be right. On the other side, someone wants to make me his squire. I wished that there was a healthy, respectful dialogue going on -- but it's more likely that my cards will be dealt for me. It's the DRB.

Hence the blogging and the sewing and the knitting, and even the cleaning. Things I love to do that make me feel good (the cleaning part is a bit of a paradox if you know me at all, but it still belongs here). Yesterday I went to a couture atelier and I made my very first bag. It's really perty. I was tired as heck going there straight from a big work week and learning to make the bag and making it 'till 10 o'clock without having had dinner. But the moment you have the completed bag in your hand, you just feel happy and all that goes away.

So today, some relaxing. Lots of relaxing. And doing the things that I love.

Amourx.

No comments: