Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Hours

How do I stay sane -- that is the question. That should be the first question I ask every morning.

It's Sunday, it's work week -1. The best and most important thing that I have to do to stay sane is to have a life outside work (and the hours too). I've done really good this week-end. I've:

-learned to sew a pretty bag (at a sewing lounge, in a class, and I brought my sister. This wasn't just me with myself, so I get extra points).
-discovered a beautiful beach only 20 minutes from my home! I'm not telling! But oh my my that was time well spent with copain yesterday.
-went to see a stand-up comic show - top performance in the chic TNM. I laughed out loud en masse. The humorist is André Sauvé - highly recommended.
-Had a chinese puffed pastry, picked up for a dollarin chinatown after the show
-wrote an email for work (damn! this does not belong in the list)
- Hung my mirror over the dresser-- lovely (but perhaps a bit to low).

And it's only 2pm so I can take a break now. I am still SUPER anxious about next week because there is a presentation that I will give to 30 people. No big deal, I will be fronted and followed by the president so I believe that I am well setup. I'm having a hard time fitting everything else in the week thought - so I will have to put some more work into my week-end. Not so fun eh? I think that I will go on a wifi-ed terrasse to do that.

Right now I'm drinking questionable beer. I never like Unibroue's Ephemere beer, but they always stick them in the boxes when there is a 'mixed selection' promo. So I'm drinking the apple beer... yeah. I had hoped that I would have the blackcurrent ones at least, but looks like not. My favorite of all times beer is Unibroue's Trois-Pistoles (I like 'em strong and tasty) (I was inclined to follow that by: like my men).

Next? I'm reading a very resourceful web site about stress management (about time say you? yeah). If you're interested, it's www.mindools.com. I'm reading it ALL, so I'm sure to be better equipped against the beast.

The other things that I really want to do are start a professional blog, write fiction, and spend more hours doing crafts and cooking. I don't have the hours right now, but if I keep spelling it out, maybe it will happen.

Amourx.

No comments: