Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Stand and remain calm

Surprisingly, I got what I wanted. This has been one of the oddest 48 hours in office protocol history. I am suffering dire side effects: headaches, weakness, that low pressure feeling. A normal reaction to the circumstances.

I'm not going to comment that much except for what is of interest to me. Suffice to say that I am not thrown out and seem to have a secured a pretty solid career plan in front of me. Nor have my functions or position been diminished. I'd say that my working conditions will improve, if all goes as planned, but not the salary. For now.

I'm not impressed by the manhandling. Pretty happy of my stance and calm. Thinking of one thing, but before i start, I need to remind me and you to never let anyone define who you are.

What I was thinking is that I am a considered strong in technology and I guess that I am. I don't try hard but it helps to know your stuff a bit when you're building web sites. I am a geek in a creative agency. I adhere to being a geek, that's quite right (what with the knitting and reading that I do).

But today I did a quick storyboard for someone to help sell one of my projects to Cannes. It was pretty good.

I'd love to be recognized for that, but in an agency swarming with artists, they really won't be looking.

That's where you have to work hard at not letting others define you. I look at my old girl in a bottle blog... there is stuff there. Writer's stuff.

Don't ever let someone else define you. Just stand and remain calm.

Amourx.

No comments: