Sunday, December 28, 2008

I want

Quick update. The dark veil that coloured my life is still lifted. I have NEVER felt something like this with this constance. Happiness was always a matter of precarious luck for me. There was always some kind of doom lurking around the corner. I am impressed with the way this treatment is going.

So meds indeed, and amen. But I must say that there are other factors that are playing in the balance. I am moving in a month for the first time in 10 years. Out with the old gloomy broken down cold and miserly flat, in with the brand new condo owned by moi. This time in history is big for me.

Yesterday I read a fitness book front to back. I am 39% fat! I am at least 15 pounds overweight, and I want to get lean. So I will. My reaction to these numbers: happiness! I like goal setting and looking good too. Yup, I would of winced at this kind of statement if it weren't true.

And, I always want to get stuff ($$$). I am careful though, I don't have a expensive lifestyle. It's just that I want to look good, I want to feel good, I want to be surrounded by beautiful things, I want to play. I want to let me feel like the kid that I am, happy, excited, and fearless.

I'm in the counter vicious circle, at last.

I let myself be compulsive for a while, but now I'm changing strategy. I will write down what I want to have, and maybe the want will go away, or maybe I will purchase it as a reward for getting things done. I want a suunto lumi watch and a polar hyper sophisticated weight training heart rate monitor watch (I lost my cheaper HR watch). I want those very alluring boots I found at the new shop on St-Catherine's. I want to take ballet dance lessons even if I'm 35, and I want to wear all that feminine dancing gear.

2 month ago I couldn't name a thing that I liked to do or wanted.

I do want to write a book or novella. And keep my career (it just shifted to something fun and promising, en passant). And reconnect with others. And be fit, healthy and cute.

Sounds like a plan for 09. Amen.

Amourx.

No comments: