Saturday, January 4, 2014

2014 Start

I’ve had a great christmas and new years break. It started really well with a short skiing afternoon, a longer day hike, visiting families over christmas, both his and mine. His family had rented a very sweet Auberge in Val David. New years was celebrated in a very bad venue with god-awfull music, but with good friends so I had great fun anyway.

However, it is January 4 and I haven’t set foot outside in 2014 yet. I intend to today. We’ve had arctic weather in the -40 C. Also I have some kind of stomach flu and very low energy, so I spent those days sleeping, reading, knitting, cooking, and watching films. 3 days indoors is excessive and I’d like to get back out in the world today.

I have some doubts and worries about going back to work on Monday. I try to remind myself that I have no control on those things, externalities. I admit it’s haunting me a bit, but I won’t beat myself up trying to prepare.

Sooo it’s not easy. On the good side I am so in love with my man and we’re having great times together. My home is warm and getting together slowly. I don’t lack anything and have a few tricks up my sleeve: focus on my wellness and faith that all will be well in its place.

Amourx.

No comments: