Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day by knitting

Today my cabled scarf got mixed up. I only did a few rows and had to unknit a lot, I wasn't focused. I undid and redid a cable and undid the crossing as I went. I left this problem lay there, because I don't know exactly how to recross a cable. The wool is lovely and it the scarf is cakey (makes me think of cake). But I can't solve its problem today (I wish I could knit it on, it is as pleasing as eating cake).

So I took my simple but fine sweater and prepared to knit a lot of stockinette. The ball of yarn for this one is the tangliest thing and I also gave up trying to untangle it. It feels less like a logical puzzle solving task than a very patient and attentive one, but I don't have enough of either. I couldn't complete the cast on.

I am very tired. I let the sweater wool lay too. I have nothing to knit now. I realize I can cut the tangled ball and start a new one. Ho-hum!

So if this was to say something about today, it would be. Lots of issues, an apparent mess, some stopping of the general good order of things. All of these are true.

It's also true that I came home early to rest under the good light. That I am surfing on a chilled tangled mess.

Amourx.

No comments: